Access to Finance
Explore financing opportunities for your project
project developers face difficulties in obtaining the financial resources
required to initiate, improve or scale up activities. However, there are
financial opportunities available for clean cooking energy projects, such as
carbon finance. This financial mechanism has benefited improved cookstove
projects around the world and has shown a capacity to help co-fund and scale up
What is Carbon Finance?
It’s the investment in projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions. These reductions lead to carbon credits that are sold in carbon markets around the world to organizations, companies or individuals who want to reduce their carbon footprint or off-set carbon emissions.
This package helps project developers explore and secure financing for their clean cooking energy project.
Our goal is to connect project holders to financing opportunities and mechanisms.
- Project holders are aware of available financing opportunities, including carbon finance
- Project holders undertake the appropriate steps and procedures for securing financing
- Project holders are provided with advice on how to manage and monitor their financial assets
- Project analysis
- Financial strategy development
- Assessment of carbon finance eligibility
- Carbon finance certification
- Development of financial management tools
- Advising on financial management
These projects went through StovePlus Access to Finance.